Move out of the way avocado egg cups, cloud bread is in the building! Have you heard of cloud bread? Well it is a low carb bread replacement that has a light and airy texture that is phase 2 and 3 of the Thinco program approved! Cloud bread is also a great option if you are following the ketogenic diet. Below we have the best ever cloud bread recipe and we are bringing it straight to you! You can thank us later!
3 eggs, separated
2-tablespoons cottage cheese
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Carefully separate eggs. There must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together egg yolks, cottage cheese and stevia until smooth.
- In the other bowl, add cream of tartar to the whites and beat on high speed until they are fluffy and form very stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed but do not over mix as this breaks down the fluffiness of the egg whites.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With a large spoon, scoop the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of a McDonald’s hamburger bun).
- Bake on the middle rack and watch carefully. You must watch these carefully as the cooking time is not the same for any two batches. It is approx.. 30 minutes, but could be more or less.
- Remove from the baking tray and cool on a rack or cutting board.
- While warm, they’re crumbly, similar to a meringue. Store in a Tupperware overnight and they will change their consistency to bread like texture.
- Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are.