Are you looking to incorporate a more natural approach to your skincare routine? Or maybe you and the girls are getting together for a much needed at home spa retreat? Either way… look no further! Our team has scoped the Internet and found the ultimate natural DIY skin remedies to do at home, which will help produce feelings of relaxation and tranquillity. You and your flawless skin can thank us later.
1. Clarifying Oat Face Mask from Good House Keeping
This facemask will regulate your skin’s pH with apple cider’s high levels of alpha-hydroxy acids and remove excess oil and buildup with ground oats. The oats contain saponins, a naturally powerful cleanser.
- Combine 3 teaspoons of ground oats and ¼ teaspoon apple cider in a bowl until a smooth paste forms.
- Then add ¼ tablespoon lemon juice and ½ tablespoon brown sugar; stir until the mixture is even
- Apply to freshly cleansed skin and let sit for five to ten minutes, allowing the ingredients to penetrate top layers of the skin.
- Rub in circular motions to exfoliate and increase blood-flow.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
2. Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub from Everyday Health
To create a naturally moisturizing exfoliating scrub you need a simple combination of olive oil and sugar. Combine ½ cup of sugar with 2 tablespoons of olive with an essential oil such as lavender, which adds a natural fragrance and can promote relaxation. Gently rub the scrub into your skin, and then wash it off. Last, use a soothing moisturizer to lock in the benefits of freshly exfoliated skin.
3. Cucumber Toner from Wonderfuldiy
Skin toners are amazing because they’re a gentle, pore friendly way to help clear your skin of blockages and restore its elasticity around the eyes, mouth, nose and across the forehead. Skin toners also close large pores, prevent absorption of chemicals from beauty products, dries out excessive oil from the skin and maintain pH balance of the skin.
- 1 cup of cucumber juice
- Add one teaspoon of honey
- Mix it well
- Store it in a bottle and place it in a fridge
- After it cools, apply on your face with a cotton ball.
- Wash with warm water afterwards and pat dry with a towel.
4. Moisturizing Honey and Avocado Facial Mask from Don’t Mess with Mama
Honey is filled with antioxidants to help fight wrinkles and aging skin but it is also a natural antibacterial, which helps to prevent and fight acne, unclogs pores and draws moisture into the skin; leaving your skin feeling uber soft.
- Mix one tablespoon of raw honey and ½ ripe avocado.
- Apply to face and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a warm washcloth to wipe off and pat dry with a towel.
5. DIY Firming Eye cream from Jenni Rain Cloud
According to its creator this eye cream is formulated with the best anti aging, natural ingredients to firm, smooth and nourish the delicate skin around our eyes. We have to admit… it felt absolutely amazing within seconds.
- ¼ cup green tea
- 1/8 teaspoon NeoDefend
- 1 tablespoon rosehip seed oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin e
- 1 teaspoon emulsifying wax
- 1 drop carrot seed essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Brew a cup of green tea.
- Fill two medium saucepans about half way full of water.
- Place a glass bowl with a spout in each pot and turn on stove to medium heat.
- Add wax, rosehip seed oil, vitamin E oil and sweet almond oil to one pot.
- Add green tea and NeoDefend to the other pot.
- Heat both mixtures until the emulsifying wax has totally melted.
- Check temperatures of both pots with a thermometer. **BOTH mixtures must be the same temp before you combine them or your cream won’t set.**
- When both your oil mixture and water mixture reach around 130 degrees, pour your water mixture into your oil mixture.
- Use a hand held blender and mix your cream.
- Continue to mix periodically (every 10 minutes or so) until you notice that water is no longer separating on the bottom. This tends to take about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once fully mixed, add essential oils then pour into containers.
Your cream will continue to thicken in the next 24-48 hours so be sure to pour it into a container soon after it is thoroughly mixed, especially if you’re going to pour it into a pump bottle.
Click here for more health and nutrition tips.