If you are undertaking Thinco’s VLC Diet program and feel like you are lacking some recipe inspiration then this is a recipe for you! Low Carb Beef Dumplings (both Phase 2 and 3 approved) are absolutely delicious, nutritious and guilt free!
● 200gms beef mince
● 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
● 1 tsp. crushed ginger
● 3 tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
● 1 tsp. cumin powder
● ½ tsp. chili flakes
● ¼ onion, finely chopped
● 2 cubes of frozen spinach
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 1 packet of slendier lasagna
- Thaw frozen spinach in a microwave, and then squeeze all the excess water out with your hands or using a clean chux.
- Wash and rinse the lasagna sheets and set aside for the water to drain.
- Combine all mince, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin powder, chili flakes, onion, spinach, salt and pepper in a bowl and roll into 8 small balls.
- Wrap each individual ball in lasagna sheet by placing meat at one end then rolling until it reaches the other end.
- To cook, place dumplings in a hot pan (must be very hot), making sure the loose end of the dumpling is placed down first. (This is important, as this is what seals them together).
- Leave for 2 minutes, then slowly turn the dumplings so all sides are browned.
- Serve with 2 tbsp. soy sauce or fish sauce
- Garnish with crushed chilies and coriander leaves.