Are you struggling with some activity ideas for your toddler? Don’t worry… we understand your current predicament. This is a hard age because they often want to put stuff in their mouths and have a tough time understanding direction, not to mention the super-short attention spans. However, Thinco has scoped the Internet to find the 7 best activity ideas for toddlers! Let’s get into them.
Ocean Sensory Bag
This is a fun and exciting way to experience the deep blue sea for little hands!
- You need:
- Extra large zip lock bag
- Hair gel
- Blue food coloring
- Sea animal toys
- Packing tape
- Squirt the hair gel into the zip lock bag and add blue food coloring.
- Add glitter to the bag along with the animal toys
- Seal the zip lock bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Use the packing tape to secure the seal. You can even line the edges of the zip lock bag with the tape to prevent it from leaking.
- Now, your ocean sensory bag is ready for playtime!
Squirt Gun Painting
This activity is a thrilling summer art experience for kids and is the ultimate boredom buster!
- You need:
- Squirt guns
- Watercolor Paper
- Liquid Watercolors
- Set up the easel in the backyard, and then clip two sheets of watercolor paper to each side.
- Help the kids fill their squirt guns with liquid watercolors, then let them go to town painting.
- Allow the paintings to dry in the grass. It is helpful to weight each one down to rocks so that they don’t blow away.
Happy Paper Cloud Pillow
This activity is an easy sewing project for kids and a fun fine motor skills activity!
- You need:
- White butcher paper
- Hole puncher
- Black marker, chalk pastels
- Poly filler
- Draw a cloud shape on your white paper, fold it over and cut it out. Hole punch along the sides.
- Draw a happy face using your marker and pastels.
- Carefully assist your child to string yarn through the hole punches, leaving an opening for the filling.
- Fill the pillow with the stuffing and thread more yarn to close up the pillow.
- You’re done!
This is another wonderful activity that develops those fine motor skills in a way that encourages a great sense of achievement!
- Rigatoni pasta
- Play dough
- Roll out the play dough and poke a number of straws into it.
- Thread the pasta onto each straw.
Cotton Ball Painting
Let’s turn our toddlers into budding little artists at work!
- Muffin pan
- Kids washable paint
- Cotton balls
Wooden clothes pins
- Grab your paint and set it up in your muffin pan
- Attach wooden clothes pins to your cotton balls
- Set your kids down and let them go at it.
Pool Noodle Mix & Match
This activity is super easy to make and tons of fun to create with!
- Pool noodles, cut into small blocks
- Permanent markers
- Simply draw some heads, bodies and legs on different pool noodle blocks.
- Line up the blocks wile drawing the body parts so that the necks match with the head and/or legs line up correctly with the start of the legs on the bodies.
- Be creative! Draw all sorts of different creatures
- The more ridiculous the better… a robot-horse anyone?
Colour Changing Flowers
Let’s get out toddlers thinking like little scientists!
- White flowers
- Vases or mason jars
- Food colouring
- Trim the stems of the white flowers at an angle and put them into a mason jar filled with water.
- Squirt several drops of each food colouring into different jars.
- Watch the flowers change colours!
And there you go! Our 7 best activities ideas for toddlers! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Now, check out our 10 kids activities to keep them busy at home.