Crab and Sweet Corn Chowder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-leek, green and white sections
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 850ml to 1 liter low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large potato, diced
- 175g frozen sweet corn
- 170c white crabmeat, drained
- 4-tablespoons light crème fraiche
- 1-teaspoon chopped chives
- Put the onion, white part of the leek and carrots in a large pan and pour on a few tbsp. of the stock. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins, stirring regularly until soft. Add a splash more stock if the vegetables start to stick.
- Add the potato, green leek and most of the stock, and simmer for 10-15 mins, until the potato is tender. Tip in the sweet corn and crabmeat, then cook for a further 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and some seasoning. Add the rest of the stock if the soup is too thick. Sprinkle with the chives and serve with brown bread, if you like.
Only 191 calories!!