- 100g raw chicken breast (this will need to be cooked – steamed/grilled/roasted -then finely chopped or shredded)
- finely chopped silver beet OR spinach OR (red) onion (vegetable quota)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried is fine)
- 1 finely sliced garlic clove or minced garlic to taste
- salt and pepper to taste if required
- optional: a grating of zest from orange peel to decorate when serving
Combine all the ingredients (apart from salt and pepper) into a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes – tasting and adding any needed salt and pepper. A small sprinkle of orange zest on top for serving, if desired.
LEMON CHICKEN SOUP
The above SOUP can be made substituting the ORANGE for LEMON – using the juice of a whole lemon.