- 100g peeled, washed prawns
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sliced fresh ginger (less if minced)
- 6cm stick (approx) of lemon grass
- lime juice (1/2 lime is sufficient)
- 1/4 teaspoon xylitol (alternative sweetener to sugar)
- optional if available: kaffir lime leaves
- Himalayan salt to taste
- herbs for garnish (eg: coriander, parsley, basil…)
The “Thai” flavour is achieved with the combination of lemon grass, ginger, lime leaves, salt which are pounded and broken to release their fragrant flavours.
Add the stock, bring to the boil then simmer about 10 minutes. Incrementally add lime juice and xylitol to your taste.
Add the prawns and allow to cook for just one minute so they remain tender. Scoop out prawns into your bowl then pour in the liquid (avoids splashing). Garnish with your chosen herb/s.
This soup does not have the vegetable quota so prepare your chosen vegetable, eg: fresh tomatoes, steamed cabbage…or ENLARGE it by adding shiratake noodles!