This healthy banana pancake recipe is from Tasty and has been given 4.5 stars from 3.4K people! The recipe results in only 184 calories, 4g of fat, 30g of carbs, 4g of fiber, 9g of sugar and 7g of protein! Before we dive into the recipe we thought we would remind you of the amazing health benefits bananas offer! They are one of the best sources of Vitamin B6, a respectable source of Vitamin C, are good for your skin, great for your heart health and blood pressure, aid digestion and beat gastrointestinal issues and last but not least… give you energy! Now let’s get to the yummy part.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup quick-cook oats
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well combined, and then mix in oats and cinnamon.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and then add in a scoop of the pancake batter. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles releasing from the top of the batter. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish your pancakes with your favourite toppings! Our favourite is banana slices, chopped walnuts and maple syrup.
- Note: use 1.2 cups for scooping the batter to yield 4 thicker pancakes. Use 1/3 cup to yield 6 smaller pancakes.
For more yummy recipes, click here.
You can leave out the oats.to reduce carbs even more